Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Select Committee, 2020 - Present
Environmental Audit Committee, 2019
Work and Pensions Select Committee, 2018 - 2019
Health Select Committee, 2018 - 2019
Science and Technology Select Committee, 2015-17
The committees, to which MPs are elected by their peers at the start of the new parliament, exists to ensure that Government policy and decision-making is based on expertise advice and evidence. .
All Party Parliamentary Groups (APPGs):
All-Party Parliamentary Groups (APPGs) are cross-party groups formed by MPs and Members of the House of Lords who share a common interest in a particular policy area, region or country.
While they are not official parliamentary committees these groups can be influential because of their non-partisan, bicameral approach to an issue.
- Officer, Adult Social Care, 2019 - Present
- Officer, Agroecology for Sustainable Food and Farming, 2020 - Present
- Vice-Chairman (Royal Navy & Royal Marines), Armed Forces, 2019 - Present
- Chair, Axial Spondyloarthritis, 2019 - Present
- Chair, Brain Tumours, 2017 – Present
- Officer, Celtic Sea, 2020 – Present
- Chair, Diabetes, 2020 – Present
- Vice Chair, Dying Well, 2021 – Present
- Member, Fuel Poverty and Energy Efficiency, 2017– Present
- Secretary, Healthy Homes and Buildings, 2017– Present
- Secretary, Ocean Conservation, 2018– Present
- Vice Chair & Secretary, Online and Home Electrical Safety, 2017 – Present
- Vice Chair, Post Offices, 2018– Present
- Vice Chair, Radiotherapy, 2019– Present
- Vice Chair, UK Islands Group, 2018
- Member of the Minimum Unit Pricing of Alcohol Group
- Member of the Great South West Alliance
- Treasurer, South West Rail Group, 2017
- Chair, Vascular and Venous Disease Group, 2017-2019
To view Derek's activity in Parliament, including speeches and voting in parliament, please click here.